How to add a merchant using the Dashboard1. Log into the Dashboard
|Note: Your dashboard URL might be different than the examples below.|
2. Navigate to the PEOPLE header, and click on Applications.
An Application is a unique account for an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) or large corporation that has multiple Merchants and Identities beneath it.
Note: For smaller and less complex implementations, we recommend using Identities instead of Applications to represent your Merchants. Submit a Support ticket if you have any questions.
3. To view additional information on an application, click on the application link. Navigate to the Identities tab on the top navigation.
4. Click the Create New Identity button. Complete the form and click the Submit button.
5. Complete the new identity form. Click the Submit button to save the form.
6. You will see the new identity info under the GENERAL INFO tab of the top navigation. Next, navigate to the PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS tab to add the merchant's bank account information where the funds will be settled.
7. Complete the form and click the Submit button to save your changes. The recently tokenized bank account is now associated to the identity.
8. Next, provision a merchant. To provision a merchant, you need the following information:
- Identity with the required information
- Bank account associated with the Identity
Navigate to the PROCESSORS tab on the top navigation of the identity you want to provision you want to become a merchant. Clicking the Provision Merchant button submits the information to the Vantiv/Worldpay's onboarding API.
9. Enable the identity merchants to the processor. Click the Enable button. A success message appears. The merchant onboarding state changes to PROVISIONING and will remain in this state until there is a response back from the onboarding API.
Note: Refresh your browser after a couple of minutes to check if the onboarding state has been updated to the APPROVED or REJECTED state.
Note: This section displays mock data of a merchant that has been successfully provisioned and has an APPROVED onboarding state. The Merchant Identification Number (MID) is now capable of processing live transactions.
10. Navigate to the bottom of the screen to view the Verifications container. This container includes the full response from the onboarding API, including the Know Your Customer (KYC) scores if the value-added service is enabled.
How to reject a merchant
Note: This section displays mock data of a REJECTED merchant.
In the Verifications container, you can view the error code and the reason given for the merchant being rejected.
Above the Verifications container, you can also click the Create Verification button to submit another verification to the onboarding API. Click the Create button to submit.